PRESIDENT-ELECT/PRESIDENT/PAST PRESIDENT (4 year term)
Term of office:
Although separate offices, it is assumed that the person serving will complete one year as President-Elect, 2 years as President, and one year as Past President; a total term of four (4) years.
Qualifications and characteristics:
- Must be an Active member of the AARC and FSRC.
- Must have served at least one full term as a member of the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrate timely and effective communication skills.
- Must be able to be away from his/her place of employment as the need arises.
- Must be able to commit a minimum of six (6) hours per week to Society business.
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately conduct a business meeting.
- Must project a professional image at all times.
- Must be able to analyze and respond to a wide variety of situations and/or issues.
- Must be knowledgeable of the duties of the other officers, directors, and committees of the Society.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills through the development, execution, monitoring, and follow-up of multiple projects.
Moderate to significant amount of in-state and small amount of interstate travel, including overnight stays of up to four (4) days at a time.
- Serves a Chief Executive Officer of the FSRC.
- Presides over all meetings of the Society, sets agendas, and assures that meetings are conducted effectively, and that Officers and Regional Directors fulfill their duties.
- Recommends appointments to all standing and special committees, and representatives to other organizations.
- Participates as an ex-officio member of all FSRC committees.
- Assures that all Society committees and representatives fulfill their obligations as stated in the bylaws, and the Policies and Procedures, and the Society’s strategic plans and goals. This will include receiving regular reports and communications, re-channeling Society resources as permitted, and replacing committee members and representatives in the best interest of the Society.
- Oversees the performance of the Executive Director which includes regular communication, problem resolution, performance evaluation and other managerial responsibilities.
- Oversees the performance of the Society’s Officers and Directors to assure that their duties are fulfilled, that conflicts of interest are disclosed, and that Society resources are available to support these responsibilities to the extent permitted.
- Makes personal presentations before key groups which include governmental organizations, other professional organizations, and any others which may assist in the mission of the Society. This may require frequent travel on Society business, the delivery of written and verbal testimony, speeches, and interviews with local and/or national news or other media.
- Reviews financial, membership, and other management information and assures that appropriate actions are taken.
- Assures that communication among Board members, medical, legal, and legislative advisors, is effective and that conflicts are resolved in order to meet the mission and goals of the Society.
SECRETARY (2 year term)
Term of office:
Two (2) years.
Qualifications and characteristics:
- Must be an Active member of the FSRC.
- Should, by experience, training, or education posses an understanding of the routine roles and functions of an executive secretary or executive assistant and corporate record keeping systems.
- Must have access to data processing, email, FAX equipment and also be proficient with word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Should have an understanding of the legal requirements regarding corporate documents and record keeping systems to include parliamentary procedures as defined by Rules of Order and its appropriate incorporation into corporate documentation.
- Must have an employer who is supportive of the obligations and time commitments inherent in this office.
- Should have a history of active participation in his/her Chapter activities, preferably as Chapter Director.
Small amount of in-state travel, including overnight stays of up to three (3) days at a time.
- The Secretary will keep, prepare and implement the distribution of the minutes of all Society Board meetings, affix the corporate seal to documents requiring such, maintain the Society’s files, and other duties as assigned by the President.
- Signs corporate documents as well as AARC Delegates credentialing forms and other documents required by the AARC.
- Accurate minutes of each Board Meeting and the Annual Business Meeting will be prepared by the Secretary. Copies of the minutes are to be retained in the FSRC permanent files, distributed to the Officers and Directors, and one copy sent to the AARC Chartered Affiliates Committee liaison, c/o AARC, 9425 North MacArthur Blvd, Suite 100, Irving, Texas 75063 within thirty (30) days of said meeting.
REGION DIRECTOR (2 year term) SEE LIST OF REGIONAL COVERAGE BELOW
Term of Office:
Two (2) years
- Qualifications and characteristics: Must be an Active member of the FSRC.
- Region Directors will reside or be employed within the boundaries of the region in which they represent.
- Must have an employer supportive of the obligations and time commitments inherent to this office.
- Should have served as an Associate Region Director or on one or more FSRC committees, preferably as Chairperson.
- Should have demonstrated leadership skills through the development, execution, monitoring, and follow-up of multiple projects.
- Should have demonstrated ability to assess and respond appropriately to a wide variety of business information and situations.
Moderate amount of in-region travel and a small amount of in-state travel, including overnight stays of up to three (3) days at a time.
- The Region Director serves to promote the profession, the AARC and the FSRC within the Respiratory Care community. Along with the elected Officers and AARC Delegates they are jointly responsible for all business and other activities of the Society and are responsible for organizing and implementing all activities that are consistent with the strategic plan and goals of the Society.
- The Region Director is responsible for organizing and implementing activities within their Region that are consistent with the objectives of the Society and of the AARC.
- Participates in all regular and special meetings of the Board.
- Organizes local Region activities, involving individual therapists, healthcare organizations, and Respiratory Care training programs.
- Designs and directs activities which directly support the financial well-being of the FSRC.
- Participates on committees as directed by the bylaws or these policies.
- Upon request, assists other Board members with official business of the FSRC and/or the AARC.
Region 2 (Charlotte, Collier, Desoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highland, Lee, Manatee, Sarasota)
Region 3 (Broward, Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, St. Lucie)
Region 4 (Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Volusia)
Region 5 (Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Clay, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Flagler, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Madison, Marion, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, Suwanee, Taylor, Union)
Region 6 (Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sumter)
Region 7 (Bay, Calhoun, Escambia, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Wakulla, Walton, Washington)